This is a committee of the OCOF/Nena Board responsible for the development of the agency’s membership at large, including regular, corporate and honorary membership. The Membership Committee shall promote membership growth and retention. The Membership year shall be effective as of the record date for the current AGM and cease as of the record date for the subsequent AGM.
- Development and oversight of any Membership Subcommittees
- Review the membership
- Notice of dues to be sent to each regular member at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the current membership year
- Review any obligations associated with the membership
- Review membership recruitment drives
- Review the development of Membership Information Packets
- Make recommendations as to the eligibility for election to the Board of Directors as per By-Law 6.09
Notice of dues is to be sent to each regular member, at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of the current membership year. The Board shall set the Record Date twenty-one (21) days in advance of the meeting of the members. Any person who is not a member as of the Record Date is not entitled to notice of, or to vote at, the meeting for which the Record Date has been established.
The Committee will be chaired by one of the Board of Directors. The Other members will include, at a minimum, one other Board Member and the Executive Director (ex-officio).
Terms of Office
The term of office of members of all committees shall commence with the announcement of their appointment and shall continue until the next Annual General Meeting.
The Membership Committee have a reporting relationship to the OCOF/Nena Board of Directors. The Committee Chair shall report to the Board on its proceedings after each meeting on all matters within its duties and responsibilities where appropriate and if applicable.
The Committee will meet at the call of the Chair when required or at least annually prior to the Annual General Meeting.
A Quorum shall be a majority of the Committee’s members.
This Committee is governed by the OCOF/Nena By-Laws.