The Parent Resource Worker (PRW) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the EarlyON Centre to include programs and services and community development activities.
Reporting to the Manager of Program Services, the PRW will plan, develop, and deliver family-centred early learning programs and facilitate prenatal programs, workshops, discussion groups and individual family sessions.
The PRW promotes programs and community partnerships and development; responds to individual and community requests for service and support; ensures up-to-date knowledge of community resources. Participates in meetings within the organization and with community partners as directed.
• Professional designation with registration with the College of Early Childhood Educators;
• Experience working with young children and parents around issues relating to poverty;
• Knowledge of human & early childhood development, parenting skills and pre & post natal care;
• Ability to self-start, work independently and within a team;
• Excellent problem-solving skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (French language an asset);
• Ability to work in a computerized environment;
• Ability to work with confidential information;
• Ability to lift and carry up to 16 kilograms (40 pounds);
• Holder of a valid “G” Ontario driver’s license, Driver’s Abstract, and access to a reliable vehicle;
• Holder of a valid First Aid & CPR Level C certificate;
• Ability to produce a clean Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Our Children, Our Future / Nos enfants, notre avenir, please forward a copy of your current resume, with a letter of application to:
201 Jogues Street
or by fax (705) 673-3354
or by email email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Children, Our Future/Nos enfants, notre avenir is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.