1. Provide high quality child care services to a group of young children under the supervision of the Daycare Supervisor.
2. Provide a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment showing sensitivity to the individual needs of children in all aspects of development.
3. Plan, implement and review the children’s experiences in accordance with the organization’s philosophy and program goals and the Child Care and Early Years Act.
4. Individualize the curriculum.
5. Provide positive social experience including sharing, cooperation, respect for others and self-sufficiency; plan and implement opportunities which facilitate an understanding of a variety of cultures and value systems; provide experience and play materials that actively promote anti racist and non sexist integrations and attitudes.
6. Guide children’s behavior to promote autonomy and positive self-concept.
7. Ensure positive communication with parents.
8. Ensure team work and professional conduct.
9. Contribute to the continuing operation of the center by following all the program policies and procedures as established by the center.
10. Attend regular staff meetings (monthly).
1. Hold a two-year diploma in Early Childhood Education or the equivalent in accordance with the provincial license obtaining process.
2. Minimum of 6 months of experience in the field.
3. Current valid registration in the College of Early Childhood Educators.
4. Holder of a valid First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate.
5. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
6. Excellent written and verbal skills in both official languages.
7. Time management and critical thinking skills.
8. Decision making and problem solving skills.
9. Excellent resolution and conflict abilities.
10. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
11. Ability to work with confidential information.
12. This position requires lifting and carrying of program supplies and program equipment (up to 40lbs./18.2kg.)
Please submit a cover letter and your resume. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those candidates selected for and interview will be contacted.
Carole Côté, Director, Childcare Services
Our Children, Our Future / Nos enfants, notre avenir
201 Jogues Street, Sudbury, ON P3C 5L7
Telephone: 705-677-0440 ext. 225