This program gives fathers/male role models and children the opportunity to interact together in an open and welcoming environment while participating in discussion, games and physical activities together. A healthy nutritious meal is served.
This program is supported in the following areas:
How will this program benefit me and my family?
This program offers fathers the opportunity to receive emotional and educational support to assist in the development of healthy family environments.
Attend a fun and interactive environment that promotes positive father-child interaction.
Enjoy a free nutritious meal and get some new ideas on healthy food choices.
Example of Topics Discussed
- Father & child bond
- Positive Lifestyles
- Healthy Relationships
- Childhood Development
- Healthy School Lunches and Snacks
- Healthy Eating on a Budget
- Toddler Nutrition
- Managing Stress
- Mental Health
- Potty Training
- Summer / Winter Safety
- Picky Eaters
- Separation anxiety
- Sleep problems
What can I Expect?
- Dad’s and children start off the night by eating a nutritious meal together, then participate in a brief group discussion while children are playing in a high quality learning environment with trained support staff. Afterwards Dad’s and children have the opportunity to engage in gross-motor play activities. Examples of equipment provided: big mats, basketballs, hockey net & sticks, small balance beams, hoola hoops, riding toys, parachute.
- Example of a meal that may be provided: a variety casseroles, soups, stews which may include chicken, meatballs, lasagna, potatoes, rice, whole grain breads, cheese, vegetables and fruits.
- The opportunity to increase and promote the overall health and development of yourself & your child(ren) by participating in physical activities.
- Receive information and educational resources on a variety of *topics that reflect the needs of the group.
- The chance to participate in an evening program that may be more accessible to some fathers.
- The opportunity to take part in special father-child bonding activities.
- The opportunity to get out of the house and meet other Dad’s.
- Participate in guided discussion and experience-sharing.
- Have fun in an open, safe and welcoming environment.
- Give your child a chance to play and make friends.
- Transportation may be provided.